Friday 11 July 2014

Body Shop Haul Y'all



I am in love with The Body Shop and have been since I was younger, I got an email in the a.m. that they were having a 50% off all skincare (gotta love deals like that!). I immediately carved some time out to go to the nearest Body Shop and check it out.

I wanted to try some more of their Tea Tree line (I talked about how awesome it is here) and my friend Harkirat had recently bought a few things (read her post here) that sounded good and worth looking at. So here is the damage I did.....

When I first walked in I saw so many bins at the front with body butters and other random bits on sale, but went back to the skincare first.


The first line I ran into was the Vitamin C for Dull Skin, and I grabbed the Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz and the Vitamin C Skin Boost. I really like both of these first of all for their smell, I love citrus! I enjoyed the Face Spritz to use as a makeup setting spray, it sunk right in and there was no gross slimy residue.  The skin boost I haven't tried yet but look forward to trying it under bases to add that little bit of brightness.




Next was the Seaweed line for combination/oily skin, and I picked up the Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion. My friend had this and I borrowed it (I had forgotten my moisturizer at home) and it made my skin feel so nice. I loved it and needed to pick one up for myself, it also has SPF 15 in it which is always good (no one wants a burnt face).

Then came Vitamin E for dry skin, I had been hearing great things about the Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil and had to pick one up. I have used this for the past two nights and am just loving it! I had been looking at getting the Josie Maran Argan Oil or the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate but thought this would be a good start and I am glad I got it! It makes your skin fell brand new, so soft, moisturized and bright. I put it on after I have applied all my serums and before my moisturizer.

At last came my beloved Tea Tree line, for blemished skin (who wouldn't love it?) and I am up for anything (well maybe not anything...) when it comes to fixing blemishes, and the dark spots that they leave behind. I have a few of the products already and decided to pick up the Tea Tree Pore Minimizer, Tea Tree Face Mask, and the Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion. I haven't used the Pore Minimizer except on the back of my hand, and it made it feel nice and smooth, so I look forward to using it as a primer. I also haven't tried the Face Mask yet, but I am hoping that when my skin goes AWOL this will help a lot, and if its like any of the other Tea Tree products I'm sure it will work wonders. I have been using the Blemish Fade Night Lotion for the past few nights and I like it, it has the signature Tea Tree scent and cooling sensation, and hopefully over time improves the dark marks left behind by blemishes.

After I had sorted out all the skincare I was going to get, I went back to the front and browsed around the sales. I saw a huge tub of Satsuma Body Butter and had to get it, I just love the satsuma scent (and citrus in general!). I had coincidentally just run out of my Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter so I went for it. I kept browsing and I saw that they had some smaller body butters (regular size) on sale too, but the scents were ones that were not their usual ones but have had before. I got Papaya and Blueberry scented, and these took me back to when I was 10 and OBSESSED with body butters, I just love these scents and am glad that I saw them!


I had a great time getting some new skincare to try out and body butters that I used forever ago and love, what are some of your favourite Body Shop products?

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the tea tree products because of all you have said about them!
    Great post xx
    www.teenagebeautyyaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a miracle worker, and well worth trying it :)

      Delete
  2. Loved this post! I've been loving the Body Shop at the moment too and two of my favourites are the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil and Coconut Body Butter.. I really want to try out the Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, I've heard so much about it and it seems great! x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You!! Yes I also love the Camomile Cleansing Oil, I have been using the Pore Minimizer for a few days now and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete